As part of the development of its rehabilitation services, the Wilberforce Trust is creating a crucial new role which will not only coordinate and administer some of the most important of these services but also be involved in promoting and delivering them, specifically the Low Vision Clinic and Visual Awareness Training.
Supporting people in York and wider afield in Yorkshire who have a visual impairment and a range of additional disabilities, Wilberforce is committed to ensuring these people are able to live a full and active life, as independently as possible.
The new Rehabilitation Assistant will assist the Rehabilitation Services Manager and Rehabilitation Officer in providing a range of services. In accordance with UK legislation and professional conduct standards the successful applicant will assist in conducting assessments, development of treatment plans, carrying out routine functions and documenting all of this in clinical records.
Successful applicants will have:
- Excellent oral and written English, numeracy, administration and IT skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills and be able to demonstrate proactive, positive team working
- Experience of presenting information and teaching in a range of settings
- Proven experience in a health or social care setting
- Knowledge and understanding of national care standards, data protection and safeguarding and their application within the workplace.
The role is part time 16 hours a week, £17K pro rata.